Senior Compliance Manager
Group Risk guides the Group in its definition and articulation of risk appetite and provides strong independent oversight and management of the Group's risk profile, as the Group fulfils its Purpose to enable our customers, colleagues and communities to thrive and pursues its Ambition to be the National Champion Bank in Ireland and selective international diversification. As the Group progresses its Strategic Priorities to Serve customers brilliantly, Transform the Bank and Grow sustainable profits the Group Risk adopts the philosophy that great customer outcomes and great risk management are intrinsically linked through culture. The Function maintains a robust risk culture, in support of the Group's strategic goals, by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, policies and controls are in place to provide effective management of risk. Group Risk strives to support the Group in optimising returns over the longer term through robust and value adding risk management. The Functions ambition is to ensure that Group Risk is an enduring source of strategic advantage to the Group.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Description of business unit
Group Compliance has overall responsibility for the identification, management and escalation and reporting (as appropriate) of the Group's regulatory and conduct risks. Our goal is to provide support and challenge ensuring the management and mitigation of regulatory and conducts risks within an agreed risk appetite.
Purpose of the Role
Supporting and guiding the Corporate Banking & Markets division manage their regulatory and conduct risks. Provision of oversight of the Corporate Banking & Markets compliance profiles.
- Provide advice and guidance on regulations and compliance policies to applicable to the Corporate Banking and Markets division, including guidance relating to:
- Marketing material and product collateral.
- The application of conduct / customer related regulatory codes, regulations and standards.
- Product development / change.
- Training materials.
- Support the Head of Compliance for Corporate Banking and Markets in the delivery of team compliance plan and compliance agenda.
- Review and challenge of risk assessments; risk and product committee papers; decision groups and forums, etc.
- Attend relevant Governance fora as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other Group Compliance teams and Group Risk Assurance to enable effective and proactive oversight of the Corporate Banking and Markets division.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Corporate Banking and Markets division.
- Represent the C&M Compliance team at various project fora.
- Identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses in the management of regulatory and conduct risk and proactively promote best practices into day-to-day management.
- Escalate any new/emerging regulatory and conduct risks identified, to the Head of Compliance, Corporate Banking & Markets, for consideration and investigation.
- Assist in the collation of, and provide input to, monthly updates to the Chief Compliance Officer.
What is the opportunity
The opportunity is to become a key member of the Corporate Banking & Markets Compliance team, tasked with supporting and guiding the Corporate Banking & Markets division manage their regulatory and conduct risks.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experienced & credible Compliance / Risk management professional with excellent risk management knowledge & expertise in financial services and experience of operating at a senior level.
- Evidence of strong regulatory compliance and interpretation skills, methodologies, tools and practices and business processes. In depth knowledge of regulatory and legal environment (including regulatory and industry guidelines) in which the Group operates.
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to a range of stakeholders. Ability to deal with both the 'big picture' and the finest detail.
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of planned activities.
- Ability to challenge constructively, combined with a pragmatic, solutions focused approach.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong background in Compliance and Conduct regulations with specific experience in EMIR, MIFIR and MiFID regulations.
- Experience in providing compliance support to business / subsidiaries in different jurisdictions.
- Relevant academic qualifications and business experience.
- Experience in supporting or interacting with Senior Management within a large and complex organisation.
- Experience in managing and coaching staff.
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Agile - Self
- One Group, one team - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.