Transfer Agency Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry, Variable Capital Company and take a lead role in the management of the department. You will be expected to direct and plan the department’s activities with a major focus on department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction. You are also required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of the Transfer Agency.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agency, AVP you will
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Make sound operational decisions
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Handle clients' new requirements and assess
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer. Drive procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Maintain and develop expertise, demonstrating judgement and an understanding of the business
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately
- Uphold Risk Excellence at all times
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Typically candidate will have 8-10 year’s experience in a similar environment including at least 3-4 years in a management capacity.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.