Strategy and Transactions - GPS: Business Originator, Associate Director
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you building your tomorrow, today? Then think about a career with EY Parthenon - Strategy & Transactions – Government & Public Sector team. We have a market leading value proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are defining the future of their city or state, assessing how to spend federal stimulus funds, assessing the future needs of their federal agency, or undertaking financial restructuring.
GPS is the fastest growing EY America’s sector and EY-Parthenon is standing up a vertical segment explicitly focused on Federal, State, and Local efforts. The EY-Parthenon team will work side-by-side with EY’s broader GPS practice which is approaching a billion dollars of annual revenues. Our team will be focusing on supporting senior leaders grappling with their most challenging issues.
Your key responsibilities
You will lead the “engine room” for Government and Public Sector. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Identification of opportunities in the market:
- Reactive: Identifying and prioritizing RFPs to which EY-Parthenon (or others across EY)
- Proactive: Meeting regularly with EY-Parthenon partners to identify opportunities. Identifying key accounts in the geographic area, identifying any existing relationships (EY-Parthenon or broader EY), networking, and building relationships with key points of contact at target accounts.
- Drive proposal creation
- Respond to formal RFPs
- Create presentations / materials for in-person pitches
- Conduct background research (to support preparation for key meetings)
- Create materials for orals presentations
- Manage follow-up (to calls, meetings, proposals)
- Identify key areas of interest to the government and public sector markets
- Oversee resources to conduct analysis
- Develop key insights
- Write the IP or oversee third-party resources who would write the IP
- Manage the SCORE process, EY’s internal branding and legal review process for externally facing materials
- Participation and/or speaking role, as appropriate
- Work with GPS Sector Director to build and deliver events (e.g. networking events built around conferences)
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, finance, or discipline relevant to financial services sector; 3-5 years related work experience
- 10+ years business experience
- Strong project management, organizational skills and ability to drive actions with senior leaders
- Understanding of the client service industry
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Deep understanding of the applicable sector including current trends, market cycles and potential disruption
- Experience writing formal and informal research content with varying levels of details
- An intellectual curiosity to become the sector expert and entrepreneurial attitude to turn that expertise into a commercial asset for EY-Parthenon
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Previous experience in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- Growth strategy acumen and/or experience
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Previous experience in a relevant industry
- Understand of the EY delivery capabilities, organization and go to market frameworks
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.