Manager, Business Solutions Group - Manchester
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Main duties and responsibilities
Managers are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Review of accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies in accordance with Practice Assurance requirements.
- Review of management reporting for our outsourcing clients.
- Managing entire outsourcing assignments and ensuring staff are in control of daily housekeeping tasks.
- Ensure you and your team are up-to-date with technical issues/changes.
- Managing the work flow of the department and supervising the staff.
- Assist junior members in achieving their work goals. Mentor where appropriate.
- Perform annual appraisals on the department staff.
- Take part in Practice Development and develop own contacts to network with. Take part in the marketing of the department.
- Ensure we are marketing all services of the firm to our clients and that staff are aware of what we can provide as a firm.
- Manage time costs that are being charged to clients and deal appropriately with jobs that are envisaged to go over budget.
- Take responsibility for your work and must be able to multi task in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Meeting clients face to face and developing good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that department controls are maintained including WIP updates, planner updates, timesheets completed on time, holiday and sickness forms submitted, absence reported by etc.
Performance objectives and targets will be set for the main duties above at least annually by the Department Partner. These will be reviewed against performance targets regularly. Objectives and targets will also be set and performance reviewed in respect of the personal qualities listed in the person specification.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- The member of staff will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required to be able to advise clients on technical matters.
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact or opinion.
- Work effectively within regulatory compliance structures.
- Has an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work.
- Can manage a team and develop the department.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of various statutory forms, including P11D’s, share scheme reporting.
- Completion of corporation tax returns.
- Completion of statutory accounts.
- Overseeing bookkeeping and management accounts. Some attendance at board meetings.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- The ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients.
- Ability to manage the department’s billing process.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work.
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Commitment to their personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities and methods of improving service delivery.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.