About the role
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in Audit at RSM. The service line is growing rapidly, and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market.
We have a diverse client base, spanning a wide range of industries and sectors, as an Supervisor in the Audit department, you will receive industry leading training and development, and you will have the opportunity to lead on assignments across a broad range of industries. If you have passion and ambition, and you would like to receive recognition for your contribution, we would love to hear from you.
About the company and department
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing! We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. We believe that it is important for our people to have experience across a range of industries and sectors, so we do not typically have individuals in our teams working on only one type of client.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to feel heard and recognised? Do you want to work closely with your clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength, and as a Supervisor at RSM we will support your development from helping you to complete your professional qualifications and beyond.
About the job
In this role, you will provide on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. To help ensure that our clients receive a quality service in all aspects. There are many exciting opportunities for anyone looking to join our teams;
- Full study support package, including ICAEW approved professional development training program
- Extensive internal training program directed by a specialist team, including relevant training for key service lines, industries and responsibilities, providing significant CPD opportunities
- Extensive internal student training program directed by a specialist team
- Structured training program to transition Supervisors to Assistant Managers upon qualification, setting out a clear path and objectives to reach the next level
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression to Assistant Manager
- Opportunity to specialise in a wide variety of sectors including listed, not for profit, pensions, private equity and financial services
- Internal and international secondment opportunities, after a minimum service time and subject to performance
- Internal office and regional team events
Key responsibilities include;
- Lead the onsite audit team, supervising more junior team members and liaising with senior members of client finance team on a day-to-day basis to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms
- Review financial statements and prepare audit reporting for presentation to those charged with governance
- Attendance at planning and clearance meetings
- Ensure assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm’s procedures
- Reporting to assignment manager
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, identifying any contentious issues and putting forward a proposed solution
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA part qualified. We require transcripts to assess whether you are eligible for our study support contracts
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven experience in producing high quality Audits
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.