Transaction Tax Manager - East Region
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, HOBOKEN, METRO PARK, JERICHO, STAMFORD, PHILADELPHIA, BOSTON, MCLEAN
Our Transaction Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team focused on the tax aspects of corporate and private equity acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings and capital market transactions. As a manager on the Transactions team, we'll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas, devising strategic outcomes to very complex issues, including US domestic and cross-border tax strategies. In return, you can expect support from the most recognized and engaging tax minds in the profession, and tremendous opportunities to progress your career.
As a Transaction Tax manager, you'll be right at the heart of the action. You'll work with many of the world's largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You'll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
Our Transactions practice is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. Our Transaction Tax practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their transaction strategies. Our services include deal structuring,
due diligence, post-deal integration, internal restructuring, distressed debt and bankruptcy, tax attribute management and planning, and drafting opinions and IRS ruling requests.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager you will be a vital member of the team developing and implementing transactions. You'll spend your time on a diverse array of project and clients in a highly collaborative culture. We'll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
- Assist in the review and analysis of merger agreements and provide opinion letters
- Identify and analyse tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
To qualify for the role you must have
- US CPA or member of US State bar
- A bachelor's degree and around 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 4 years of related work experience
- Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
What we look for
We're interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You'll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients. If you're a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.