Assurance Services Experienced Staff - Analytics Delivery Specialist - East (MULTIPLE CITIES)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
*BOSTON (PRIMARY), NYC, HOBOKEN, ISELIN, PHILADELPHIA, BALTIMORE, TYSONS, STAMFORD
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to form their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. It’s a role with far-reaching implications, so you’ll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative tools available.
You’ll help our clients understand the processes involved to integrating analytics that provide meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional analytical data for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to understanding complex data analytics. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact future analytics delivery and processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on the latest data analysis methodologies, and suite of analytical tools
- Integrate emerging technologies to enhance audit service delivery quality and solve business/client challenges through technology.
- Build user-centered applications, combining business knowledge with technology experience to build automation and analytic solutions.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in advising clients to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organization
- Drive high-quality work products by analyzing complex data through utilization of a suite of analytical tools and delivering a range of analytics results in written and presentation formats.
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting, Finance or a related field, plus 1yearof related work experience in data analysis, data visualization, data capture, data transformation, understanding business processes
- CPA, CISA or PMP certification (or equivalent) required
- Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software and link analysis / data visualization software
- Relevant knowledge of data analysis and strong analytical skills in related software, including MS SQL Server, Alteryx, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, SQL SSIS, Python, MS Excel, MS Access, ACL or similar software
- Experience of advising external clients on insights and strategies related to data analytics, ideally in the audit domain.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
Relevant knowledge of other analytics tools is a plus, e.g. BI/visualization, data extraction, data transformation, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) specific tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle), or similar tools
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.