Associate / Sr. Associate – IED Market Risk
For more than 25 years, Morgan Stanley has led the industry and set the standard for excellence. Our large market share not only testifies to the value we provide, it also gives us the industry insight and experience to serve our clients better. Moreover, we are consistently rated Number One across a broad range of services.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across Institutional Equities Division (IED), ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, and strats, risk management to documentation negotiation.
Background on the Team
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The Institutional Equities Division’s Counterparty Risk team supports the Equities, Listed Derivatives, OTC Clearing and Electronic Trading businesses. Professionals in IED’s Risk Division assess and actively manage risk across their clients by analysing client portfolios and transactions, in order to anticipate any potential losses and ensure adequate funding.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Risk Analysis using Stress Testing, VaR, Backtesting and other measures.
- Uploading and Analyzing sample prospective portfolios, comprising of several financial product types in Equities, Convertible Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Swaps (IRS/CDS), Options and Futures in Commodities/Index/Interest Rates/Currencies.
- This may involve searching for relevant tickers/identifiers for such products, using Bloomberg and other internal sources/databases.
- Analyzing live client portfolios, highlighting risk issues/concerns and recommending margin policy changes.
- Conducting Risk analysis for the various funds analyzing factors like Liquidity, Concentration, etc.
- Senior Management Risk Reporting and Trend Analysis for the various businesses.
- Risk analysis based on Strategy or Country or Sector or other market based events as needed.
- Streamlining/Automation/Tool Building for Internal Risk Management.
- Liaising with the relevant regional stakeholders (Risk, Margin, Credit, IT, etc.) in terms of periodic risk deliverables.
- Participate in global risk projects out of Mumbai in terms of requirements gathering, testing and validation.
Required Qualifications and Skills (essential)
- Engineering graduate OR Chartered Accountant from reputed institutes.
- MBA or Masters in Finance OR FRM/CFA (at least Level 1 completed).
- 2-4 years of experience in the Finance industry.
- Solid understanding of Financial Products (Equities, Options, Futures, Bonds, Commodities, Rates, Credit).
- Good understanding of Risk concepts.
- Strong Analytical skills and hands-on approach to solving analytical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills (optional)
- Background in Risk / Research / Financial services.
- Basic Knowledge of Programming and writing Database queries (SQL / Excel VBA / VB / Python / R / Matlab).
- An understanding of and strong focus on the mechanics of a Risk/Control environment, including escalation.
- Enthusiasm to volunteer for planning, organizing and participating in events held by the department and the Firm.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.