Role: Account Manager
Department: Financial Services
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
What will you be doing?
The Account Manager role will provide support to an Investment Team in the London office supporting our Investment Managers. The role has direct responsibility for all non-investment related elements of the client relationship in order to deliver excellent client service to their clients.
As a Account Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the non-investment related elements of the client relationship
- Deliver excellent client service to all clients, both internal and external
- Maintain the knowledge and skills required to engage confidently and accurately and in line with current industry regulations with both internal and external clients
- Ensure client reporting and fee processes deadlines are met
- Deliver all client service processes accurately, efficiently and in the best interests of the client
- Work closely with the other business teams (Operations, Compliance) to ensure a seamless client experience
- Provide assistance to an investment team
- General administrative support activities
- Act as a key contact point for enquires
- Delegate and monitor tasks to other areas of the business as appropriate
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
Client service experience with a private client wealth manager is preferable
Strong inter-personal skills
Excellent attention to detail
Effective communicator in person and in writing
Highly organised and able to multi-task efficiently
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
For more information click the "apply" button to be redirected to the Tilney, Smith & Williamson careers page and submit your application.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals. In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.