Role: Data Analyst
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
What will you be doing?
The individual will take a key role in delivering the service to clients, whilst gaining valuable financial experience
As a Data Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of software to deliver client projects, including connecting the underlying accounting platforms via APIs, setting up dimensions to enable grouping of data in a common format, importing the initial data from the groups accounting system and mapping to the LucaNet software. This implementation would be delivered by an assigned client project team.
- Providing clients' finance teams with support and training to enable them to manage and control the software internally going forward.
- Providing adhoc advice and support to clients post implementation.
- Becoming an advocate for the LucaNet software and helping to promote it internally and externally via virtual demonstrations.
- Willingness to learn other BOS technology offerings.
- Encouraging better use of technology within the BOS team to improve efficiency and the automation of existing processes.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
Knowledge of key software packages and an ability to learn quickly, including systems such as: IDEA, Alteryx, other data manipulation or automation tools
Excel Macros/Pivot tables etc
- Problem solving skills and the, ability to plan ahead and anticipate events.
- Must be good communicator both verbally and written.
- Confident communicator when speaking with individuals and teams is required for this client facing role (or someone who would enjoy the opportunity for client facing communication and is looking to develop these skills)
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
For more information click the "apply" button to be redirected to the Tilney, Smith & Williamson careers page and submit your application.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals. In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.