EY Croatia - Tax Intern (m/f)
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Tax touches every aspect of our lives and is one of the largest items of expense any organization or individual has to consider. Our tax professionals help clients in Croatia meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning and tax controversy; they look to us to help create value and achieve sustainable outcomes. In EY Tax, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
We are currently seeking for Tax interns (m/f), for paid student internship, to support our constantly growing tax team and help our clients in tax projects at different industry sectors. Since we offer leadership in all tax disciplines, you’ll acquire broad and deep tax and business skills to advance your career.
Your key responsibilities
- Technical research into areas of tax legislation
- Commercial research into new clients
- Attending and taking notes of client meetings and calls
- Managing (under supervision) an allocated portfolio of work
- Learning how to advise on a variety of tax matters: personal/income tax, corporate income tax, VAT, withholding tax, transfer pricing and other corporate tax related taxes, corporate payroll operations, corporate tax compliance, bookkeeping, Statutory reporting, etc.
- Day to day oral and written communication with clients
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
- Final year of university education (having student rights is an advantage)
- Strong academic record (Degree in Accounting is an advantage)
- Able to work most of the week
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Croatian and English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Very strong ambition and priorities related to professional achievements
What we look for
- Strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development
- People with a genuine passion for tax
- People inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations.
What working at EY offers
- Opportunity to receive a full-time job offer at the end of internship
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Opportunity to work in international environment with some of the most successful companies
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.