Business Consulting Technology Risk Senior Consultant Media and Entertainment LA, Irvine SF, Seattle
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Position is based in: Los Angeles, Irvine, San Francisco, San Jose, Redwood Springs, Seattle
Looking to join a great team, progress your career and build a better working world!? When you join EY’s media & entertainment consulting risk services, you will be joining a very unique group, which provides professional services to the global media and entertainment industry. You will work with some of the highest performing teams in the industry, deliver exceptional client service, advance your skill set, while meeting some great people along the way. If you are looking to expand your experiences beyond the traditional it- audit, internal/ external audit space, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for….
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for participating with client engagement teams to execute media and entertainment sector examinations. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the internal control process, and assist clients and other Risk Assurance professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
- Support the manager in day-to-day management and execution of engagement
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree
- About 2 years of experience working as an IT auditor, IT risk adviser or external financial auditor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
- Bring your recent experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport and driver’s license is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Mast possess, or be willing to pursue CPA, CISA or CIA certification. If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within 1 year from your date of hire.
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.