FSO Technology Risk Senior Manager - FAIT - Location Open
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
FSO Technology Risk Senior Manager - Fait (Location Open) - New York (Primary), Boston, Chicago, Charlotte
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
You will help our clients evaluate and enhance their business. You will be part of our account centric growth strategy focusing on issue-based and competency-driven client needs. That's what differentiates EY in the consulting marketplace.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you will be involved in comes down to providing excellent customer service and helping ensure your teams do the same. Whether it is; managing multiple client teams, leading IT internal audit engagements, external audit integration, or SOC reporting as well as assisting with business development activities across financial services’ sectors, you will build strong relations ships and become a trusted advisor to your clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Coordinate, plan and deliver IT audit engagements, SOC reporting, external audits, internal audits and IT internal controls especially focusing on complex banking, capital markets, wealth & asset management or insurance systems
- Work with the team and the client to develop risk assessments, design innovative audit approaches, plan engagement objectives, manage the execution of fieldwork, and draft and deliver audit reports and results, while complying with professional standards and addressing the risks inherent in the engagement
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial services processes and complex information systems and apply knowledge to client situations
- Use extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate the impacts on the client’s business
- Generate new business opportunities by participating in market-facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Manage engagement economics, including but not limited to budgeting, billing and fee management
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience, or a master’s degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
- A degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering or a related discipline
- At least 8 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk advisor for a public accounting firm or professional services firm, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
- Prior experience generating new business opportunities by participating in market-facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- Significant experience with internal audit risk assessment, SOX/internal controls, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
- Direct audit experience with trading and risk management systems and product ledgers/subledgers; prior ERP system experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
CA, CGEIT, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CMA, CPA and CRISC certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire. Based on an individual’s professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes with written consent of EY's Americas IT Risk & Assurance leadership.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.