Senior Auditor 2
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust is recruiting for a Senior Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's asset servicing and asset management activities within EMEA. Under general supervision, the role includes conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. Based on skill sets and experience, the selected candidate will lead audit project teams, including providing audit team oversight and communicating results of the engagement to management. The role involves providing technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement’s audit team. The selected candidate will work closely with Audit Specialists, Audit Team Leads and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducts complex, cross-functional, technically difficult, and high risk audit engagements throughout the Corporation with appropriate attention to detail
- Generally leads audit project teams, including being accountable that the audit engagement meets stated objectives and timeframes, adhering to Department Policies and Standards, and actively communicating results of the engagement.
- Provides technical expertise and applies analytical skills to review information, performs assessments of the audit results, and evaluates the adequacy of controls.
- Actively communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management and is responsible for compiling findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports.
- Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team.
- Develops technical expertise towards becoming a reliable subject area expert to build authentic relationships with the team and auditee to be able to provide comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership.
- Balances between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- There will be an element of travel, which will be up to an average of 30%.
- Experience of auditing asset and fund servicing activities, typically gained in a financial services audit environment, together with knowledge of risks and controls of these activities, including operational and compliance risks.
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA)
- Strong analytical, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills.
- A College or University degree and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.