Group Internal Audit (GIA), together with Group Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group, providing assurance on the effectiveness of the first and second lines of defence in risk management, internal control and corporate governance across the Group. We provide independent challenging, risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholders' needs. Our key stakeholders include the Court, Group Audit Committee (and subsidiary audit committees), the Court Risk Committee and senior management, as well as other key parties, including the Group's regulations and external auditors. We have a Group-wide remit and, as a result, have a deep insight into all of the Group's activities and access to the most senior levels within the Group.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Description of business unit
The New Ireland, Wealth & Insurance audit function provide valuable assurance and meaningful insights to executive management, and ultimately to the New Ireland Board Audit Committee, that all risks types are appropriately managed for the New Ireland Assurance Company, and the Wealth & Insurance arm of Bank of Ireland Group.
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of a professional audit team you will join the dots between risk and control and the execution of strategy to provide meaningful and timely insights and thought leadership on emerging risks that serve our stakeholders' needs. Our stakeholders include the New Ireland Audit Committee, Executive management within New Ireland, and regulators in Ireland.
- Perform audits related to all risk types of the New Ireland Assurance Company, and the Wealth & Insurance businesses - this involves definition of audit scope and work program, control design and operational effectiveness testing, report writing and communication with key stakeholders.
- Providing clear, robust, independent and reliable opinions that are valued by business management.
- Ensure quality business monitoring and stakeholder management.
What is the opportunity
Join our dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing, where we continually challenge and improve what we do and how we do it. We need a diverse range of people in order to continuously deliver quality audits and business insights, and have a meaningful impact on the New Ireland, Wealth & Insurance control environment.
We are looking for an Audit manager to join our high performing audit team, who is as passionate as we are about innovative and quality auditing.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A firm grasp of risk management or auditing or a detailed understanding of the life insurance business.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of communication and able to get messages across clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written form, in order to engage others and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to continually develop and manage relationships in delivering outcomes that all stakeholders understand.
- Be able to prioritise, rationalise, argument and defend your point of view.
- Have a critical spirit, structured and well organised, curious and open minded.
- Rigorous, good at analysing and joining dots.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Professional or 3rd level qualification.
- Good understanding of the life assurance business, priorities and challenges, as well as the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Risk Management experience, with good understanding of risk assessment and control design.
- Knowledge of risk frameworks and/or typical policies in a life assurance entity.
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- One Group, one team - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Agile - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.