GIPS Compliance & Performance Analyst, AVP
The GIPS Compliance & Performance Oversight Team is focused on ensuring State Street Global Advisors complies with GIPS composite performance standards, as well as overseeing performance services provided by State Street Performance and Analytics division.
The GIPS Analyst role on the GIPS Compliance & Performance Oversight Team works closely with Product Management, Marketing and Compliance to oversee all composites in support of the Firm's marketing efforts. Maintaining tight controls over this critical function is necessary to ensure the Firm remains compliant with the GIPS standards. The team acts in a consulting manner for questions around interpreting the GIPS standards including composite construction, GIPS-compliant presentation content, investment discretion, and client guideline changes to name a few.
As the GIPS Analyst, you will:
- Assists GIPS® performance analysts, operations, portfolio managers and other users regarding the details of GIPS® composites
- Develop and maintain expertise around the GIPS standards including guidance statements and Q&A put forth by the CFA Institute as well as industry knowledge from verifiers; evaluate, interpret and implement changes to the standards and make the appropriate recommendations for the Firm's GIPS® policies
- Maintenance & construction of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) composites
- Resolve any outliers identified in the GIPS® composite review process
- Support adherence to GIPS® Standards
- Support RFP Group as it pertains to composite performance
- Support portfolio managers & product specialists as it pertains to composite performance
- Take the lead with the annual GIPS® Verification project
- Take the lead with production of the annual GIPS® Compliant Presentations
- Take a leadership in quarterly Performance Data Governance Forum meetings
- Collaborate with members of Information Publishing & Data Management for the evolution of performance and analytics data standards for client reports, factsheets, web sites, and data delivery
- Maintain procedures on composite oversight processes and communication of changes
- Monitor product coding on new accounts and changes to existing accounts, transition status, composite restricted accounts and overall procedures
- Recommend different types of improvement and analysis to modify the GIPS® processes
- Create and modify processes and procedures to protect and improve the integrity of the GIPS® process
- Effectively identify, develop, and manage projects to successful completion
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
The candidate for this position will have strong communications skills, and be able to answer questions from performance analysts, operations associates, portfolio managers and other colleagues regarding the details of composite performance-calculation process and auditing procedures. A global mindset would be an added benefit. The candidate for this position must meet aggressive deadlines and make good on all commitments. Applicants for this position should understand that, if selected, they would be asked to manage multiple priorities, and deliver all responsibilities with total commitment and professionalism. The demands on the interpersonal communication skills of the successful SSGA professional are as great as those placed on their technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree, (Accounting, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics preferable) or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of work experience in performance analysis. Working toward a related advanced degree and/or CFA and/or CIPM a plus
- Excellent PC skills, and experience with performance measurement applications
- Experience with composite construction, rules and industry practice
- Strong understanding of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to work under pressure, and attention to detail and accuracy a necessity.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.