Senior Associate- AIS Investor Services
AIS Investor Services Operations
Job title: AIS Investor Services, Senior Associate
Reports to: AIS Investor Services Manager
This position is within the Investor Services business unit of the State Street’s Alternative Investment Services Group. And is responsible for processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of our clients in response to investor instructions. This role requires day to day oversight and review of tasks prepared by a client facing team. This role also requires to interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Hence a strong foundation of communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Handling Hedge fund & private equity investor services operations, showing ownership for a group of client assigned, taking initiative to own operations for assigned clients
- Responsible for processing and review of Capital activities (subscription, redemption, transfer, switches, redemption wire payment, expense wire payment, distribution wire payment) and non-financial activities (new investor creation, static data maintenance, statement & contract note distribution, audit confirm, responding to investor / client queries & multiple time bound projects).
- Able to follow and strictly adhere to pre-established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing standard operating procedure (SOP) and Job aid and conduct periodical reviews to check for updates.
- Ability to own investor / client queries (telephonic & email) and timely resolution is absolute requirement – prior experience of handling direct investor / client communication would be preferred
- Review and approve day-to-day dealing tasks and co-ordinate with host location independently to resolve any types of issues.
- Account opening and new client On-boarding.
- Understanding the system and driving efficiencies and risk-reduction initiatives within the system and Processes.
- Interact with host location and clients and able to resolve all the queries independently.
- Identify discrepancies affecting accounts, make necessary corrections where possible, or route information to the originating area and follows through until corrections are made.
- Respond to internal and external queries, resolving discrepancies related to investor accounts.
- Require to co-ordinate with host location for daily deliverables, should able to work with tight SLA (service level agreement) while maintaining agreed accuracy and timeline.
- Conduct training/refresher for team members and new joiners.
- Timely escalation of identified and unresolved issues.
- Work allocations and service delivery of the end-to-end function.
- Assist manager for preparing KPI and other MI reporting and regulatory reporting.
- Cross-Cover with Manager of Events (be each other's backup).
- Work with pre-determined deadlines and prioritizing workloads whilst working under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, Outlook and Word. Knowledge of Excel with VBA, is a plus.
- Good English, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, detail and result oriented
- Experience in change initiatives, covering areas like process improvement idea generation, with a track record of accomplishment in complex projects and change initiatives.
- Should be able to interact and communicate with Co-workers in a clear, through and concise manner.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills.
- Good understanding of Anti-money laundering is a plus.
- Knowledge of investors’ FATCA and CRS requirement is a plus.
Academy & Experience:
- 6 – 9 years relevant financial services experience in a Transfer Agency or Investor Services domain.
- Knowledge of Hedge fund Transfer Agency is required.
- Prior experience of handling direct investor / client communication will be preferred.
- Candidate must have a university degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.