Manager / Senior Manager – Infrastructure, Public Policy and Strategy
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
Exciting opportunity for a seasoned management consulting professional to join our dynamic Professional Services firm with a global presence, as an Advisory Manager / Senior Manager in our Infrastructure, Public Policy and Strategy department within our Advisory division.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- To adopt a leading role in a wide range of advisory engagements across the private and public sector, such as:
- Socio-economic impact assessments
- Cost benefit analyses
- Strategy / policy evaluation and formulation
- Macroeconomic and econometric modelling
- Compilation of industry / sector economic reports
- Compilation of market research reports, and involvement in business plan development
- To support and manage a team of economists and management consulting professionals deliver on a number of high-profile economics engagements;
- To support function leaders in business development initiatives and in go-to-market strategies, with a view to grow the economics service line;
- To manage the operational aspect of a portfolio of engagements;
- To be involved in the conceptual development of appropriate methodologies, and to articulate such in proposals submitted to prospective clients;
- To undertake, inter alia, research work, perform economic analysis and compile economic reports and other documents;
- To perform other related duties as required.
- Masters’ Degree (M.A. or MSc.) in Economics or in a specialised area in Economics, from a reputable University;
- 5+ years of work experience in a management consulting role, ideally with 2+ years in a managerial position;
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and results in a succinct manner which can be understood by clients;
- Strong mathematical skills, with a very good grasp of statistics and econometrics;
- Advanced use of office automation software toolkits, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Project and Visio is considered an advantage;
- Good command of econometric packages, such as R, EViews and/or Stata are considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written (in particular business English) communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels;
- Ability to prepare and/or oversee comprehensive analytical reports;
- Strong collaboration, team building, and organisational skills;
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving abilities;
- Effective communication skills;
- Diligence and conscientiousness;
- Ability to work under stress and around tight deadlines.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.