Consulting Manager - AML - Financial Services Office (FSO) - The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Consulting AML Manager in our Financial Services practice. This is an exciting, multi-disciplinary consultancy opportunity with a primary focus on serving clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Your key responsibilities
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas including:
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing (CFT), counter-proliferation financing (CPF), anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
You will act as a subject matter expert and deliver AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions regulatory compliance advisory services to banking and financial services clients across the BBC region which includes assisting clients with:
- Design, development review and update of AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions compliance programs, risk assessments and controls
- Assessing design adequacy and implementation of AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions controls and testing the operational effectiveness of those controls
- Reviews of transaction monitoring systems, alert investigations processes and regulatory reporting programs
- KYC/ongoing customer due diligence assessments and policy and operational procedure enhancements
- Conducting gap analysis and current state assessments of compliance with local AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions legislation
- Performing internal audits and independent assessments of AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions Programs in line with the requirements set out in the Cayman Islands legislation and recommending improvements
- AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions compliance remediation projects in response to regulator requests or enforcements or client identified deficiencies
- Facilitating face-to-face and online training to improve organizational awareness of AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions risks and compliance obligations
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, budgets and other planning documents
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- Knowledge of AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions compliance requirements in local and overseas jurisdictions
- Experience developing, monitoring, and auditing compliance to Cayman Islands AML/CFT/CPF and Sanctions regulatory requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience working at a public accounting firm or professional services firm, or comparable experience as a Compliance Officer in a financial services company
- A service line relevant certification such as a CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CIA, CAMS or equivalent is required
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior experience generating new business opportunities by participating in market-facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.