Middle Office, Assistant Manager
- Under the guidance of the senior management coordinate and substantiate the compilation of the monthly FTE, productivity analysis. Escalate issues as and when they arise.
- Work with the senior management to gather data on back of new baseline methodology implemented with Joint Venture across multiple functions within IMS Transactional services and provide regular reports/updates to Sr. Management.
- Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk and control environment that minimizes incidents and errors
- Completion of the review and verification of the staff's work on a daily basis, enforcing stringent procedures and controls
- Perform an oversight role for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement
- Work with AVP to manage ongoing UK outsourcing Governance program to ensure regulatory framework is duly managed.
- Gather the data required for the monthly Joint venture reporting. Work with the onshore business units and ensure they are delivering their input on a timely basis.
- Create and maintain database of functions, headcount, business owners both onshore and offshore and use as source for all headcount and related reporting.
- Work closely with the joint ventures key personnel on ad hoc and standard tasks.
- Support Hypercare model on back of new client on boarding
- Interact with Joint Venture management staffs on number of requirements as part of governance responsibilities
- Analyze information received from Joint Ventures or internal State Street teams and challenge wherever required to ensure data quality is not compromised
- Build strong relationship with multiple stakeholders within State Street and Joint Ventures by regularly interacting through multiple channel
- Timely escalate to AVP in case of any issues/challenges to avoid any delays.
- Understand the key processes and controls performed for the coverage area across the function.
- Proactively analyze operational risks to identify and make recommendations for process or control changes and system enhancements.
- Work with a wide range of cross-functional teams to conduct business impact assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, and map critical dependencies.
- Deep understanding of fintech and regulations
- Excellent negotiation skills and verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of Financial Services regulations, Regulatory Reporting and standards with the experience of interactions with regulators
- Proven ability in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Team player, ability to interface and build relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Experience of working in a Bank or Financial Services.
- Excellent understanding of risk and control assessment techniques
- 9+ years of overall experience and Minimum 3-4 years related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting, finance or economics.
- Understanding of investment manager operations, key risks and controls preferred.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated proactive and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Excellent Communication skills both Written and Vocal
- Good analytical skills and sound knowledge of Capital markets and Investment Banking