Corporate Tax Manager / Associate Director
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate as well as offering brilliant careers to our employees.
Our Corporate Tax East Midlands Team, across Nottingham and Leicester, is growing and services clients across a great variety of industries, such as retail, technology and construction to name a few. We work with owner managed businesses, private equity backed enterprises and global companies, managing their tax affairs both on the compliance side and in relation to additional advisory matters. The latter includes due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as R&D. Our specialists within these remits will support you and we work as part of a National Corporate Tax Service Line in a very collaborative manner. You will also liaise with colleagues across the firm to provide a joined up service combining expertise in accounting, audit and all relevant taxes.
About the job
A brilliant opportunity to make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the corporate tax offering, across the Central Region and beyond, by providing technical support and driving excellent client service on existing corporate clients. In addition, to support the partners by taking an active role in business development, including international network referrals and targeting larger corporates. To be a role model for the team and take an active interest in their professional development.
- Be the main point of contact and respond quickly to clients
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical projects as required
- To manage projects in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements
- Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in presentations to prospective clients
- To be actively involved in the office business development activities
- To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, and to undertake project work in response to client needs where appropriate
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance efficiently
- To ensure tax quality always by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner
About the ideal candidate
You will have solid corporate tax advisory experience and effective team leadership skills, with an interest in and/or aptitude for business development. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- Ideally CTA / ATII qualified or equivalent, along with a prior tax or accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA or ATT.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background is essential.
- Business development experience and interest in this aspect is desirable.
- International tax experience will enhance an application.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution. To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.