Senior Analyst - Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review Reporting - MIDSHIFT
Responsible for leading or supporting the operation, documentation, and enhancement of technically sound SOX, SOC, and/or CCAR program governance methodologies, internal controls testing, policies and procedures. Understand sensitivity of compliance information and appropriately control/limit messages and content shared. Member of a Global Financial Control team, which provides governance, oversight, and/or internal control testing of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program for Northern Trust Corporation in periodic filings of financial information with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), Service Organization Control Reports (SOC) program for Northern Trust business areas, and/or Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) program for Northern Trust Corporation. This role is balanced between high level operational execution and development and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Perform reviews of various departments by understanding the key risks and controls within the function being reviewed. Develops and executes test steps, documents results clearly and evaluates results to assess the quality of the control and/or control environment
- Think critically and take independent initiative to research inherent risks, emerging guidance, and issues relevant to processes and controls, and propose solutions or enhancements as appropriate
- Identify and evaluate risk and likely sources of potential error for significant processes
- Design and administer trainings to stakeholders
- Demonstrate professional skepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are being performed in order to facilitate making improvements.
- Operate independently; has in-depth knowledge of the function
- As subject area expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carry out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units to ensure operations, services and systems have proper controls in place
- Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Methodology and adheres to all applicable Department Standards.
- Responsible for staying current on SOX/SOC/CCAR regulation and changes in the industry
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, manage multiple projects and to work under pressure during peak periods
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and a dynamic work environment as part of a Global Financial Control team working across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.