Senior Associate / Manager (Quantitative Analytics - Valuation Specialist), Financial Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Over the last 20 years, innovative new products have dramatically increased the complexity of the financial markets, from complex preference shares issuance in venture capital world, to structured products allowing clients to repackage and transfer risk, or other more exotic instruments designed to meet almost any goal two parties can agree on.
We are looking to grow our Quantitative Analytics and Treasury Services (“QATS”) practice within the Financial Services - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”). More concretely, we are looking for valuation and quant finance individuals to support Assurance teams with independent valuation and quantitative analysis on various financial instruments. This also includes opportunities to develop individual consulting skillsets and provide services in model governance and valuation framework.
The service we provide within EY covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations. You will experience ongoing professional development through interactions with internal and external clients together with exposures to various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and various industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, e-commerce, fintech and etc).
The QATS team at EY uses sophisticated techniques from financial engineering to credit modelling to assist clients to develop risk models for pricing, valuation, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
Your key responsibilities:
- Work together within a team for multiple client projects in daily independent valuation for diverse type of financial instruments
- Assist in developing valuation models to assess a variety of financial instruments adopting option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, and other quantitative analysis
- Provide assistance in review of fair valuation approach, methodology, and assumptions adopted by private equity and venture capitalist clients
- Challenge yourself to continually learn and teach, mentoring others while developing your own career through various exposures in client projects
- Take ownership of your projects, while collaboratively working with other team members
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Highly motivated, ability to multi-task, work independently under minimum supervision and deliver top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethics within a professional environment
- Good project management skills
The successful candidate must be able to display several achievements below.
- Within 6 months of joining, the candidate should
- Understand the mechanics and valuation methodology behind various derivatives financial instruments and perform valuation for such financial instruments using EY developed tools
- Explain the valuation differences between clients and independent valuation through analyzing how various parameters drive the valuation output
- Perform credit risk assessment, focusing on quantitative analysis based on financial standing, for both listed and non-listed companies
- Gain basic understanding on programming languages, typically VBA and Numerix, and apply it for Binomial Tree Model, Monte Carlo Simulation and other interest rate models implementation
- Work independently with minimum supervision and take ownership on the projects assigned
- Within 1 year of joining, the candidate should
- Confidently manage client and resolve issues typically encountered by client with regards to financial instruments valuation
- Understand the valuation approach and ability to explain the business model behind various financial instruments in private equity and venture capitalist business, and perform valuation for such financial instruments
- Understand the Hedge Accounting concept under Singapore Financial Reporting Standard (SFRS) framework and able to perform quantitative approach for the purpose of hedge effectiveness assessment
- Explain to general non-technical audiences on how various financial instruments work and the benefit and risk behind various types of financial instruments
- Adaptive and committed in intense environment and tight deadlines in providing deliverables to stake holders
- Excellent time management and prioritize various projects allocated
- Able to work together within the team and actively provide guidance to junior staffs in order to deliver high quality work products
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's or master's degree in quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, or engineering with programming skills
- Minimum of 3 years of non-valuation related experience (e.g. engineering, consulting, corporate treasury functions and etc.) with demonstrated interest in quantitative finance will also be considered
- A good programming skill with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis and understanding of at least one Finance software package (e.g. Numerix, Murex and Fincad), Bloomberg, Reuters, MS Excel/VBA
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in the banking industry in valuation control, model development and validation, market risk function will be highly advantageous.
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous.
- Chartered Valuer and Appraiser holder or on track to be a CVA holder will be a plus
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent analytical skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
The successful candidate must also be committed to staying at the cutting edge of both the latest financial instruments valuation techniques, business developments and accounting standards. We're seeking leaders with the ability to quickly anticipate and respond to the issues of a networked and constantly changing global economy.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.