Accounts Payable, Analyst (Payment) (Non Speaker)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Payable's payment process related support to deliver AP services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are met within the service levels agreements
- To monitor P2P RISK MONITOR by ensuring SPOT Checks samples are strictly checked and completed before the last day of the month/document due date.
- To follow up closely with related parties (eg: invoicing team) on errors on posted document detected during quality check.
- To process payment proposals run for 3rd Party vendors and employee vendors & intercompany based on country requirement and schedule (daily and weekly and schedule)
- To ensure task are performed completely within timeline and before bank cut off time.
- To ensure Manual Payment Instruction (APOB) is cleared or vendor open item is blocked before payment proposal run.
- To monitor payment traffic/Global Payment System (GPS) status and bank rejection once proposal executed.
- To ensure payment transaction is successfully transferred to bank. In case of GPS rejection, to perform immediate corrective action and execute additional payment to ensure on time payment, if required.
- To prepare and perform manual payment, free format instruction (FFI) and obtain bank approval from authorizers before bank cut off time
- To download bank slip from bank portal and save them in shared drive upon payment execution.
- To liaise closely with bank authorizers in handling online bank transaction (manual payments, local bank, free format instruction) is and ensure timely approvals
- To support local business/ local finance and BSSCKL internal in urgent payment handling on stipulated deadline
- To attend request or inquiry on Account Payable especially payment related queries via payment functional mailbox, AP Service Desk and Payable Query mailboxes
- To support vendor management team (if required) in attending calls from 3rd party vendor, external parties as well as BASF users in payment related queries
- Be the Key person/ focal person to liaise with banks in payment rejection/payment failure related matters
- To support transition/projects activities and perform testing, whenever necessary
- To support centralized audit activities whenever required including system demo and provide required documentation and samples, and attend to audit queries etc.
- To response to payment related queries or concerns from local business/local finance, BSSCKL internal and vendors
- To act as back up to team members and perform payment task as when required.
- To ensure processes are complying to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, bank/ legal and statutory requirements.
- To maintain awareness of the latest fraud trends especially phishing call and email. To ensure that all the emails sent/received are to/from accurate email addresses and avoid revealing company details to unknown callers.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and recommend new idea / solutions to Specialist/Expert & Managers for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform routine update to Accounts Payable documentation (e.g. Work Instruction, Process Definition, Job Aid&< Knowledge Management) when required.
- Assist in the preparation of training materials when required. Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resourcece, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Support regional and global project improvements activity e.g. involve in User Acceptance Test and Training
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and excellent customer service.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure that solutions are adopted, implemented and maintained appropriately.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL:
- Counterparts in local company and end-users
- Cross function teams within BSSCKL
- Manager, senior analyst and peers within Finance Delivery teams
- Other support functions within BSSCKL e.g. Control, Project, Quality & Compliance (PQC) team, Corporate Audit teams
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Diploma / Degree in accounting, finance or business administration, with 0 to 2 years relevant work experience.
- Reputable Knowledge and understanding of P2P and accounting functions.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing will be preferable
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Proficiency in English with good communication and writing skills
- Experience working in an SAP work environment
- Preferably with additional language skill. Eg: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnam (optional based on portfolio)
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools, CONCUR, SAP system or another ERP system
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement pwill be preferred.able
- Experience working in an MNC or Malaysian Public listed company.Experience working in an SAP work environment
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
Stay alert for possible recruitment fraud!
This can include fake websites, fake job offers, or contact from a person falsely claiming to represent BASF.
Remember, neither BASF nor our representatives will ever request money from a job candidate.
If you suspect recruitment fraud and BASF is mentioned, first get in touch with HR team at BASF.
A unique total offer: you@BASF
At BASF you get more than just compensation. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life. That’s what we call you@BASF.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.