Group Finance Assistant
Based in offices in Chertsey, this role will be a key member of the Finance team to work across our 4 entities (UK, USA, EU and AU) in a multi-currency environment.
A global business based in an attractive setting in Chertsey, with plenty of free parking and easy access via car.
The Group Finance Assistant role involves:
Inputting inventory purchase invoices for our group of companies in UK, USA, Europe and Australia:
- Matching purchase receipts to supplier invoices and loading onto supplier ledger.
- Investigating purchase receipt shortages and price queries with our Operations team.
- Reconciling supplier statements and updating our Finance Manager on queries or inventory payments that need to be made.
Assist with administration of group Amazon customer accounts, covering:
- Processing sales invoices on Vendor Central.
- Preparing monthly statements in Excel format.
- Applying payments and maintaining payment spreadsheet.
- Processing or disputing shortage claims, chargebacks and other deductions.
- Investigating chargebacks and price queries with our Sales and Operations teams.
- Approval and processing of Amazon claims for their terms, rebate and marketing invoices.
Sales Financing for UK & EU:
- Weekly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliations to Sales Financing ledger.
- Invoice and credit note uploads.
- Sales Financing drawdowns.
- Monthly credit memo analysis.
Current Account Bank Reconciliations:
- Weekly bank account reconciliation for 5 multi-currency bank accounts.
Group audit support:
- Support with preparing annual audit packs for UK, US, AU & EU entities.
- Assisting with audit sampling requests and queries.
Provide support to group Finance team when needed:
- Nominal ledger journal entries.
- Assisting with Finance shared mailbox.
- Support with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate for the Group Finance Assistant role will have;
- A strong problem solver with excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
- Have excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage your time and deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of accounts payable/receivable and reconciliation skills.
- Understanding an ERP system is essential, experience in using Navision Dynamics is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working within a finance team and wants to further their finance career.*
- Experience of dealing with Amazon or other large retailers would be an advantage.
- Computer literate and knowledge of MS Office Software - Excel experience is essential
- Opportunity to commence or continuation of study support for a relevant accounting qualification: AAT or CIMA.
MUST BE A DRIVER - offices are hard to reach via public transport
The Group Finance Assistant role offers a salary of £25-30,000 + excellent benefits;
- Hours - 37.5 hour week / 9-5pm (30 min lunch)
- Hybrid working - Yes. 2-3 office / 2-3 from home per week.
- Parking - free onsite parking
- Dress code - Smart casual smart - jeans allowed!
- Benefits - 23 days holiday; this includes 3 days to be used for Xmas shut down / Pension (standard auto enrolled) / Bonus: profit share scheme based on company performance which usually pays out at about 10% / Product discount up to 50% off / Dog friendly office
- Study support? Yes. Always encouraging development and do pay for studies after probation period.