Senior Internal Auditor - Corporate
Overall Job Purpose
Due to the continued success of RSM’s internal audit and controls function within Risk Assurance Services we are looking for an experienced and talented individual to take the next step in their career. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to high profile organisations, working directly with Directors and Partners, and in proactively supporting the continued development and growth of RSM’s profile.
- To understand the key risks identified by Management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the Client’s Annual Audit Plan.
- To manage, perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning programming, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings To draft audit planning documents for approval / review by Client.
- Management Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards and within the SLA on allocated audits.
- To lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance.
- To provide job training and guidance for auditors and training for more junior auditors.
- To perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas.
- To undertake review work in respect of significant findings.
- To assist management in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- Assessment of performance of Team Members and provision of feedback.
- To be aware of and advise management of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients.
- To participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firm’s policies e.g. health and safety etc.
- Any other duties as required by management.
- Candidates must have a relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA or ACT.
- Consideration will be given to those who are nearing completion of their qualification.
- To have good technical knowledge of the internal audit process, individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work.
- Recent experience in SOX.
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards.
- Able to express ideas and information with clarity and confidence, especially when communicating with clients.
- Be pro-active and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.