Corporate - Finance CDO Banking Book Associate
As a member of the Finance Accounting Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR), you will work closely with Controllers, Lines of Business and Operational teams supporting Finance and Risk, partner with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various Program Management teams to drive the strategic implementation of data sourcing, consumption across consumers, and operating model. ‘
The Finance T/CIO Chief Data Office is looking for an Associate level candidate who will be part of a high performing team of data management professionals focused on delivering innovative data management solutions to stakeholders. The data management team is focused on the delivery of data management capabilities driven by Finance and T/CIO projects, stakeholder BAU data needs, and origination of regulatory reference data
- Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., Finance, Liquidity Ops, FRRA, Asset Class Controllers, FRDO) to lead the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work
- Data Requirements – Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements; enhance data consistency through definition of business terms and alignment of data providers to agreed upon business terms; maintain alignment between business terms and data requirements documentation/metadata
- Op Model Rollout – Partner with Operations, Technology, and Product Owner teams to design, document, and implement Everest Operating models for asset classes of data. Ensure implementation of appropriate controls including Feed Management, Validations, Reconciliations, and Adjustments
- Data Sourcing and Everest Onboarding – Identify authoritative sources of data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Corporate Finance and T/CIO architecture. Partner with Technology Information Architects to develop sourcing strategy and problem solve. Lead Initiatives to onboard datasets or consumers to the Everest platform
- Data Quality – Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to all necessary metadata (i.e., adjustments, demand, technology jiras); manage day to day oversight of issues; facilitate stakeholder working groups to progress issues through lifecycle
- Data Quality Controls – Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Corporate Finance applications and upstream LOB applications
- Represent CDO in LOB, CDO, Technology, and Finance forums to communication status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health
- 2+ years of program and/or project management experience required, with particular focus in the data space highly preferred
- Strong core technical skills and solid understanding of finance and treasury processes, infrastructure and systems
- Subject matter expertise in Banking Book Products (Loans, Deposits), Interest Rate Risk, and External Reporting preferred, but not required
- Experience with Agile workflows and Jira
- Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Proven ability to lead across LOBs/Functions and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
- Bachelor’s degree required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.