Tax Experienced Staff, Associate Analyst - National Tax-PCS COE - Dallas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our clients include some of the world's most prominent business leaders, entrepreneurs, executives and families, among the countries top 1% of earners. These clients look to us for tax advice they can rely on every time and our new Centre of Excellence for Group Personal Tax Services was developed specifically to make it happen. It's a high-profile area that's seen attention from some of the country's top businesses, so you can expect plenty of opportunities to develop relationships with a prestigious portfolio of contacts.
This area has seen a lot of investment as one of our strategic focuses, and you'll see that reflected in your career. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. It's a truly tailored service, so you won't be encouraged to promote specific products 'it's all about understanding and meeting our clients' needs in a way that's right for them. You won't find a tax culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term role in personal tax compliance, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
Your key responsibilities
Your main priority will be providing first-level reviews of tax returns, all while constantly keeping in touch with our clients. You'll be looking at some of the most complex tax issues and structures around, so everything will come down to producing outstanding work. And with plenty of variety, it's certain that you'll always have innovative ideas and processes to keep you on your toes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Responsible for leading the assimilation of electronic data into tax reporting software
- Analyzing complex data from multiple sources to rewiring and presenting authoritative work papers
- Teaming up with tax and financial planning specialists to integrate holistic service delivery to clients
- Constantly identifying potential risks, as well as opportunities to improve product and process quality
- Basic understanding of all technology utilized by Private Client Services practice in delivering services to clients.
- Staying ahead of emerging trends and technologies to maintain your reputation as an authoritative tax expert
- Innovative ideas that will bring automation and efficiencies to the compliance process
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree, supported by relevant work experience
- An understanding of current automated tax processing systems and tax laws in your tax area
- Excellent influencing, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- A commitment to continuous learning and development in a tax technology environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Ideally, you'll also have
- A CPA License, however, not required at the Experienced Staff/Associate Analyst rank
What we look for
Put simply, we're interested in people that truly love preparing tax returns ' especially when providing personalized services to unique and highly demanding clients. It's an
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.