Associate / Senior (Valuation) - Financial Services - FAAS
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Over the last 20 years, innovative new products have dramatically increased the complexity of the financial markets, from complex preference shares issuance in venture capital world, to structured products allowing clients to repackage and transfer risk, or other more exotic instruments designed to meet almost any goal two parties can agree on.
Within EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) practice, the Financial Instruments Valuation team supports Assurance teams with independent valuation and quantitative analysis on various financial instruments. The services we provided within EY cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations. You will experience ongoing professional development through interactions with internal and external clients together with exposures to various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and various industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc).
The Financial Instruments Valuation team at EY uses sophisticated techniques from financial engineering to assist clients in understanding and valuing vanilla derivatives and other complex securities, for financial reporting, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant/Senior in the Financial Instrument Valuation team, you will:
- Work together within a team for multiple client projects in daily independent valuation for diverse type of financial instruments
- Assist in developing valuation models to assess a variety of financial instruments adopting option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, and other quantitative analysis
- Assist in performing model validation on credit models such as PD, LGD and EAD
- Provide assistance in review of fair valuation approach, methodology, and assumptions adopted by private equity and venture capitalist clients
- Challenge yourself to continually learn and teach, mentoring others while developing your own career through various exposures in client projects
- Take ownership of your projects, while collaboratively working with other team members
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Highly motivated, ability to multi-task, work independently under minimum supervision and deliver top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethics within a professional environment
- Good project management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's or master's degree in quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, or engineering with programming skills
- Fresh graduate or a minimum of 1 year of non-valuation related experience (e.g. engineering, consulting, corporate treasury functions and etc.) with demonstrated interest in quantitative finance will also be considered
- A good programming skill with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis and understanding of at least one Finance or statistical software package (e.g. R or Spotfire), Bloomberg, Reuters, Numerix, MS Excel/VBA
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent analytical skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
The successful candidate must also be committed to staying at the cutting edge of both the latest financial instruments valuation techniques, business developments and accounting standards. We're seeking leaders with the ability to quickly anticipate and respond to the issues of a networked and constantly changing global economy.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.