Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Position: Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Location: Penang (Malaysia-HQ)
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
Type of contract: 3 years fixed term contract
Language(s) required: English (native/fluent writing and oral skills)
WorldFish is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. With a 45-years track record of leading-edge science, WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR , the world’s largest global partnership on agriculture research and innovation for a food secure future. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia and with regional offices across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, WorldFish leads the cross-disciplinary CGIAR Research Program (CRP) on Fish Agri-Food Systems (FISH).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The accountant (Accounts Receivable) will report to the Accounts Manager (Accounts Receivable & Treasury) and will support end to end accounts receivable process across the operation. The accountant is entrusted with the task of overseeing and reporting on the global debtor’s ledger, managing the receipts of funds for all projects and production of customer statements, assisting in the monthly fund transfer to countries, being custodian of headquarters petty cash and ensuring compliance with the financial policies and procedures as set by WorldFish and CGIAR. The incumbent will also play a key role in ensuring the master data, segregation of duties and data quality is optimal.
We are looking for an Accountant (Accounts Receivable) who has significant demonstrated experience in the six key responsibility areas below:
- Debtor ledger management – invoicing, receipts, adjustments, and customer statements.
- Training global offices in effective debtor management (9 global offices).
- Debt collection in adherence to the WorldFish debt management policy.
- Fund requests & fund disbursements for several international offices.
- Petty cash / imprest custodianship.
- Month end processing & reporting (including year-end).
Applications will only be only considered if applicants provide a 2-page document (maximum) aligning their experience to all six requirements above.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar and a qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MICPA or equivalent). Part-qualification will be considered with strong work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive post qualification relevant experience aligned to the key responsibilities for this role.
- At least 2 years working in a similar role with demonstrated management experience particularly for treasury and debtor ledgers.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of working with teams across geographical borders.
- Excellent command of English language – both written and verbal.
- Able to relay complex financial information to non-finance colleagues in a manner easily understood by all.
- Be highly analytical and able to solve complex problems.
- Organized and forward thinking; seeking continuous improvement in systems and processes.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in a donor funded organization.
- Working knowledge of ERP Software (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Unit 4) would be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, 15% employer provident fund contribution, paid leave and others.
The position will be based in Penang, Malaysia. Interviews are expected to be held in November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the virtual interview session. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of three (03) years fixed-term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online at WORLDFISH CAREER PAGE (https://apply.workable.com/worldfish/j/EDEEF6981E/) by 31 October 2021:
- A cover letter (1-page max) explaining how you will add value to WorldFish if you were successfully appointed; and
- A supporting document (2-page max) explaining how your experience aligns with our 6-core responsibility areas; and
- A current curriculum vitae; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.