General Ledger & Compliance Team Leader
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions Finance Operations Center (F.O.C.) provides world-class finance, accounting and purchasing services to Motorola branches in Europe, Middle East, Africa, US and Latin America region. It is a dynamic environment where your ideas and input will be valued and where you will do some of the best work of your life.
The General Ledger & Compliance department is in charge of General Accounting, Global Fixed Assets & Intercompany Operations, Tax and Transfer Pricing, Statutory & other Compliance activities for Motorola’s entities in the region.
- Managing of a team of accountants and supervision of daily operations and monthly reporting activities for Polish, Ukrainian, Czech, Romanian, Turkish, Greek Belgian, Dutch entities
- Leading, motivating and supporting the team to achieve individual and team objectives
- Coaching and mentoring the team members
- Cooperation with all teams within the Department as well as the wider Finance Operations Center to provide support for accounting close and reporting activities
- Active participation in departmental projects
- Regular review of entity P&L and Balance Sheets for countries in-scope
- Efficient and timely completion and filing of all statutory reporting obligations, returns and taxation / VAT / Intrastat submissions
- Managing the annual audit process activities (internal and external)
- Liaising with internal tax department as well as external advisors
- Proactively reviewing and developing existing systems and processes, looking for improvements and efficiencies
- Other ad-hoc tasks as determined by the GL & Compliance Manager
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in accounting / audit / finance field / record-to-report processes
- Team management experience or aspiring leader
- Experience preparing financial / statutory reports for a large or complex Polish entity a distinct advantage
- Accountancy qualification an asset
- Experience in compliance and financial reporting a distinct advantage (IFRS, Polish GAAP)
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong MS Excel; Google Suite, experience in using reporting tools (such as Tableau) and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) GL module a plus
- Self-motivated, confident self-starter with a proactive approach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build working relations with people at different levels
- Ability to work in an intense, fast paced and multinational work environment
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Employee Pension Plan (PPE)
- Competitive salary package,
- Strong team-oriented culture,
- Flexible working hours,
- Contract of employment,
- Private medical & dental coverage,
- Life insurance,
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space),
- Trainings and broad development opportunities,
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office,
- Lots of sport activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.,
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events,
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate.