Sustainability & ESG Service Senior Consultant / Consultant (Risk Advisory Services)
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
Why join us
One of the biggest challenges that many businesses face today is incorporating sustainability into everything they do. To be truly sustainable means going beyond environmental factors or mitigating risks. By joining us as a Sustainability Service Consultant with our Risk Advisory Services team, you will help companies address their sustainability strategies from design and embedding, to reporting and assurance for a sustainable future.
What you can expect
- Expose to businesses of all sizes from all sectors to provide and advise clients on a full range of ESG services from diagnosis, formulation of stakeholder engagement policy, designing policies and processes, drafting of client’s ESG/Sustainability reports, and monitoring KPIs and effectiveness
- Offer advisory service in conducting sustainability and carbon management assessments for corporate ESG reporting, including data collection, analysis and verification.
- Design roadmap and build modeling pathways to decarbonisation and zero-waste for clients in long term
- Assist in carrying out the carbon audit, energy audit, assurance, assessments such as CDP, GRI and GRESB assessment, reporting & assurance for sustainability, certification for green and social bonds, and assurance over all forms of carbon reporting
- Conduct literature review, preparing research and benchmarking studies on ESG/Sustainability topics including green finance, climate change, and prepare relevant research findings.
- Develop materials and courses to educate and change behaviour for client’s team
- Participate in business development on ESG/Sustainability services including preparing service proposals and delivery of presentations.
- Identify market needs and trends on service offerings
- Build rapport with clients to fully understand their business operations, process and procedures supporting business development and long-term relationship
- Provide support to senior team members and guide junior staff
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies (sustainability, environmental engineering/ environment, climate science, earth science, social science, corporate environmental governance) or related disciplines
- 2-5 years relevant working experiences in ESG & Sustainability reporting and consultancy, climate change related work, environmental consulting or industry
- Able to bring high proficiency in report writing in both English and Chinese. Good verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- Experience in providing environmental assessment, climate change, carbon, supply chain awareness, waste and energy measurement and management and pollution control for large corporations
- Experience in HKEX, GRI, IIRC, TCFD reporting or ESG compliance work for major companies, MNC and listed companies.
- Demonstrable knowledge in carbon accounting/verification and energy efficiency assessments and familiarity with prevailing international ESG standards;
- Proficient in performing quantitative and qualitative analysis. Knowledge in using visualization tools is an advantage.
- Independent, proactive, result-oriented and able to handle multi-task with strong business acumen
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Based in Hong Kong, willing to travel (more than 50%) and ability to work diligently under pressure
*Candidates with less than 2 years of experience will be considered as Consultant. Fresh graduates with potential and passion will be considered as Assistant Consultant.