Strategy and Transactions- EY Parthenon- Strategy- Life Sciences- Senior Director - Boston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon Strategy is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today’s complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY-Parthenon Strategy has an ideal balance of strengths – deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships with larger networks of support, and proven processes along with a progressive spirit to unlock opportunity for our clients, amplify the impact of our strategies, and make EY-Parthenon Strategy the global advisor of choice for business leaders. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities
Your key responsibilities
Senior Directors act as the primary client contacts on EY-Parthenon Strategy teams and are responsible for translating client needs into project tasks and deliverables. Senior Directors manage day-to-day problem-solving and team analytical activities and serve as key liaisons between consulting team members, EY-Parthenon partners, and our clients. Senior Directors are also responsible for mentoring, inspiring and developing team staff. Additionally, Senior Directors support the growth of the business by working alongside partners on new opportunities with potential clients, including preparing for and participating in pitch meetings, creating proposals and working on the sale process.
Our teams work on a variety of client issues. The range of assignments includes developing long-term strategies for organizations, evaluating the potential acquisition of businesses, improving educational achievement outcomes, developing new marketing channel strategies, reducing operating costs, and evaluating new business ventures.
Skills and attributes for success
- Play a leadership role in helping grow the EY- Parthenon Strategy business.
- Define the objective and scope of strategy engagements and client deliverables in consultation with the Partner.
- Lead teams in the execution of both commercial due diligence and strategy engagements.
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
- Drive business development activities in the life sciences sector and internally across the broader EY and Strategy & Transactions organization.
- Manage, develop, and mentor junior team members at the Associate, Senior Associate, Consultant, and Director levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree with outstanding academic performance and at least 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience.
- Experience managing business strategy and M&A strategic diligence projects in life sciences in complex environments.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, device or life sciences tools.
- Experience managing M&A strategic diligence projects in complex environments.
- Strong quantitative skills to supervise data analysis, interpret output and generate insights.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An MBA with three to six years of post-graduate-school experience in a consulting, operating or investment banking role, with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services environment. Some previous management consulting experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams on complex assignments and develop individual team members.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.