FRI Applications Product Owner - Associate
One of our key responsibilities is the delivery of data queries, applications and tools that enable data management, controls, data modelling, analytics, and reporting. The data engineer’s primary responsibility is sourcing, modeling and aggregation of data used for reporting. In this role you will partner with business users and technology teams.
As part of the Business Architecture Data Engineering team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Automate the data aggregation and business process for external regulatory reporting using both big data and cloud based solutions
- Build reporting logic using query languages to aggregate, filter, transform data
- Understand basic banking products including loans, commitments, and deposits
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories) to enhance the data, reporting automation, and digital analytics toolsets.
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Manage the end to end SDLC lifecycle from requirements gathering to grooming to develop to testing and deployment
- Decompose and analyze current state models, reports and schedules: examples include: CCAR, IFRS9, CECL, FRY9C, FFIEC030, FFIEC 009, and SEC 10Q/10K
- Other ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelors' degree required
- 5-7 years of related experience (financial services and/or regulatory reporting is a plus)
- Experience with understanding and working with large volumes of data across multiple products
- Strong skills interacting with data including using SQL to query
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Experience with Agile delivery, JIRA, Confluence a plus
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Experience using or building digital analytics tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering results across multiple teams and interdependencies
- Ability to lead, influence and build strong relationships with people and teams at varying levels across the organization
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.