Senior HR Specialist - Payroll
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior HR Specialist - Payroll team!
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Deliver the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all payroll input and output activities.
- Process any payroll data in accordance with legal requirements related to personal data protection.
- Confirm the accuracy of time sheets and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of end to end payroll input processing.
- Partner with the customer’s stakeholders and local HR to resolve any issues related to payroll inputs.
- Monitor the status of payroll inputs and provide clarifications, updates and corrections if necessary.
- Perform the tasks supporting the accounting function: review the journals, reply to queries, provide copies of documents.
- Communicate any risks to payroll processing or deadlines in accordance with escalation paths.
- Report the status of payroll activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support year end processes or any other country specific processes not related to monthly payroll runs.
- Provide information and documents needed for the internal and external audits.
- Initiate and actively support any continuous improvement activities or other process and/or tools improvements using the existing change management channels
- Perform DTP updates if required.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience.
- BA or MA degree.
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint & Visio is a plus.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and systems interfaces.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- excellent organization and management of own work;
- ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle;
- accuracy and attention to details;
- ability to cope with different situations, different requirements.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.