RTR Accounting Lead (PL + US GAAP)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Financial Shared Services (FSS) EMEA based in Krakow, Poland is serving as a controllership function for affiliates and manufacturing plants in all countries, providing support in accounting, tax, statutory and selected order to cash processes.
Record to Report Accounting Lead is responsible for Record to Report (RTR) process for dedicated Affiliate/s and coordination and oversight of accounting activities for this Affiliate as a first point of contact (FPOC) regarding process matters and technical accounting expertise in US GAAP.
RTR Accounting Lead drives and co-ordinates the financial close process, prepares and reviews journal entries, reconciliations, financial and accounting analysis, delivers resolution on operational open items (process and accounting), prepares BS and DSO planning.
Record to Report Accounting Lead reports to Regional Chief Accountant.
- Serve as the key contact relating to all Record to Report activities for the affiliate or cluster of affiliates to ensure high quality of the ledgers and full compliance with Group Accounting Policies, US GAAP and Local (Polish) GAAP.
- Maintain US GAAP and local ledgers including the preparation and/or review of related journal entries
- Prepare the statutory filing in line with Local (Polish) GAAP requirements, including all notes and disclosures
- Prepare reconciliation between local (Polish) GAAP and US GAAP: validating that all documents have been posted to local ledgers
- Support the process of local tax provision calculation and income tax return
- Perform the local (Polish) GAAP accounting close per year end
- Direct liaison with external auditors, actuaries, tax &, legal organization, BPO partner, etc.
- Coordinate deliverables for external audit
- Drive and own the financial close process and calendar for the Affiliate or cluster of affiliates, including responsibility for execution of related SOX controls
- Review and sign off on US GAAP Account reconciliations
- Preparation of moth-end close financial reporting for US GAAP, incl. commentaries on the variances
- Prepare the annual Entity plan, Balance sheet and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) plan (incl. update), compare the Plan to actuals and provide to Finance Director/s variance analysis between actual and planned financial data focusing on business drivers on a monthly basis
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of the process
A driven, energetic person with very strong accounting expertise, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders, multitask and meet fixed deadlines.
- Master’s Degree with an accounting or finance
- 7+ years of progressive experience in accounting, planning and financial analysis
- Experience in an international environment - pharma sector is a plus
- ACCA , CPA, CIMA qualification or equivalent is a plus
- Strong computer skills, particular experience with Excel and SAP
- Professional proficiency of English, any other language would be an asset
- Fluent Polish is a must
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are required
- Ownership and strong drive in an independent tasks execution
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and practical application of CPI methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) would be an asset