Analyst (Team Leader)
The ART Accountant is responsible for the SARM expense accounting and Manufacturing Overhead accounting for LATAM SAP LE and plants. This position is responsible for the financial integrity and reliability of this data in SAP and GCAP. The candidate will work in a team with similar ART accountants. The candidate will interact with Legal Entity Controllers, Finance Key Users, Business Analysts, Plant Accountants, GL account reconcilers, Inventory Team, Credit Team, Systems Team, Requisition to Pay (RTP) Accountants and Sales to Cash (STC) Accountants, Intercompany Accountants, US GBR Reporting analysts & other support networks. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of the SAP FI/CO/MM modules and GCAP.
Impact on the Business & Team work
- Create / change of master data for cost centers, cost center cycles, CO-PA cycles & related assessment cycles as per the request from businesses & support functions.
- To perform end to end Month-end closing activities like Cost center cycle run, Plant closing, reevaluate the books of accounts, movement of financial data to special purpose ledger
- Update the plan data in SAP as per the data provided by the entities.
- Create cost center reports (plan v/s actual) for various functions and businesses.
- Prepare the MIS on a monthly basis for each country eg: Variance analysis, Financial performance of company
- Prepare monthly Trend analysis/ Flux analysis reports for 10K/10Q filing.
- Prepare Cash flow reports
- Ensure compliance with cost center related policies, procedures and processes.
- Process improvement relating to cost center accounting & reporting to help standardize the processes for Asia region.
- Perform all tasks to ensure compliance with DuPont Internal Control standards and Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Ensure financial integrity for Manufacturing Overhead, selling, administration, R&D, management and related P&L cost, and balance sheet data.
- Working with team and customer to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and US GAAP.
- Execute all monthly SAP closing activities for multiple plant sites within each supported business.
- Responsible for month end SAP to GCAP balancing and related reconciliations
- Complete special projects as assigned by management.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure support is provided as per requirement from onshore counterparts related to SARM accounting & Manufacturing overhead accounting.
- Attend all business calls and meetings and drive issue resolution as required.
- Respond to queries from senior group level management as appropriate
- Provides management and financial statement users with relevant, comparable, and accurate data on which to base decisions.
- Analyzes data and translates into meaningful information.
- Serve as a resource for Business Controllers, Business Analysts, Plant Accountants, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury with SARM & Manufacturing overhead costing related issues, questions and inquiries
- Support finance master data processes and operations. Perform data maintenance to support business processes and changes.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues before they are picked up by business.
- Adheres to DuPont Internal control policies and procedures, including established SOX compliance processes.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of business processes in order to support SARM Accounting. In addition to standard closing responsibilities, this includes intercompany billings, accruals, and account reconciliations, as well as process improvement activities.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Ensure 100% PLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities.
Qualification and basic requirements:
- CA(Inter)/ CWA (Inter)/ MBA with 5 – 6 years of experience or CA with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners/customers
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Advanced knowledge on SAP and reporting tools will be an asset.
- Is expected to have strong technical understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated competence in their application.
- Ability in Accounting , Closing and/or Business Reporting
- Should have demonstrated the ability of driving result