Finance Analyst – Employee Compensation
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and a first-hand insight into our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and inclusive environment, we accept individual differences and use them to better our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities including an onsite fitness suite
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of deferred cash compensation activity
- Reconciliation of general ledger balances associated with deferred cash compensation
- Provide variance commentary and ad hoc analysis as required on a timely basis
- Responsible for maintaining a strong control environment and related documentation (including SOX compliance)
- Responsible for the provision of data to regional and local controllers for management charge and reconciliation processes
- Responsible for preparing reporting for inclusion in subsidiary financial statements - including liquidity bucketing and Key Management Personnel.
- Involvement in on-going system enhancement and testing
- Representing the function in wider office committees
- Accountancy and finance degree preferred
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an awareness of financial control, problem solving ability and possess basic accounting experience
- Be confident in dealing with queries across a variety of stakeholders and business areas
- Ability to manage workload effectively
You may also have:
- Accountancy and finance degree
- Advanced Excel skills
The Compensation Controller team is led globally from Glasgow and is part of Global Corporate Controllers. The function is responsible for financial accounting, control, and reporting, both internal and external, related to the firm's compensation and benefit plans globally. The compensation teams work with other departments in Morgan Stanley including Human Resources, IT and groups across the finance division.
This role is within the team which has responsibility for managing the expense accounting and reporting processes associated with the Firms deferred cash compensation plans and represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a global function.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.