Accounting Sr Analyst, Statutory Accounting
The APJ Statutory team is responsible for ensuring high quality financial statements for the 30 legal entities are provided to key customers (Dell Legal Entity Directors, External Auditors, Global Tax and Global Legal etc.) within the specified deadlines to enable Dell to meet the statutory filing requirements in APJ. This role is key in monitoring the APJ statutory compliance. Close working relationship with the statutory teams across APJ along with good partnership with Corp. Tax, Corp. Sec, Legal, PwC etc. This role require consistent accounting treatment with Corporate Reporting & Dell worldwide and to lead & drive the end-to-end (E2E) statutory audit for the relevant countries.
Acting as the country accountant for the assigned legal entities and working on the E2E audit processes to ensure audits are executed effectively and completed on time including:
- Work out detailed audit plan with external auditors, and related business partners and ensure the audits are executed as per timeline.
- Prepare financial statements & foot note disclosure with diligence and care, resulting in minimal revisions.
- Ensure all audit PBC audit queries are properly addressed within the targeted timeline.
- Review the financial statements with Accounting Director & signing directors with meaningful FS flux analysis.
- Demonstrate a good understanding on the related business for those particular entities.
- Prepare statutory adjustment JEs and regular statutory account bridge and reconciliation.
- Handle internal & external auditor process on statutory audits/ Quarterly reporting/ etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification
- Minimum working experience of 3-5 years and above, preferably in an accounting firm and/or MNC
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills and has great initiative
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills required (verbal, written and presentations).
- Ability to work within tight operating deadlines
- Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Proven experience in supporting cross-functional teams an advantage.
- Strong PC skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Oracle and/or SAP user knowledge is an added advantage
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities & translate same from concept to reality.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.