APAC Head of Fund Connect Business Development
Senior business development professional to develop, own and execute the expansion and effective distribution of the Fund Connect liquidity management portal in APAC.
This role requires an individual with expertise in the Money Market and/or mutual fund industry, high levels of attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage a workload spanning product development, project management, sales and client services. The successful candidate will be someone who can work autonomously while managing a large network of both internal and external stakeholders.
Some travel will be necessary within APAC (when safe and allowable to do so) and the candidate will be expected to demonstrate initiative, energy and superior networking skills to establish themselves across the State Street organisation.
Product specific skills
- Expertise in selling either trading/accounting technology solutions or a range of cash management instruments (including Time Deposits, CP, Repo, MMFs and Separately Managed Accounts) to a wide variety of organisations including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Pension & Insurance Companies and Multi-National Corporates.
- Familiarity with the MMF industry, mutual funds, banking regulations and collateral management rules
- Highly technically literate with experience of complex system architecture and integration through API’s, SFTP and SWIFT
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the operations of Custodial Banks, Prime Brokers and Fund Administrators
- Experience and willingness to work across geographies and timezones
- Experience with regulatory and market entry requirements across APAC
- Type 1 licence in Hong Kong highly desirable or willingness to obtain within 6 months
Role specific skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sales process including pitching, fee negotiations, legal contracts and on-boarding.
- Demonstrable track record delivering outstanding client service in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with external/internal clients and service providers.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking as the candidate will be required to represent Fund Connect at conferences and events in person and virtually.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Technical aptitude with wide range of industry and bespoke software.
- Fluency in English. Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be advantageous.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.