Tax Senior - Business Tax Services - Diversified Staff Group - California, Texas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine, San Diego, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions.
Our Diversified Staff Group model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation. Here, you’ll start your career rotating across a wide range of Tax service areas, covering everything from private client services, international, state and local, transactions tax, global compliance, tax provisions and reporting, to corporate tax and other entity taxation. After a few years developing into a broad-based tax professional, you will specialize in one of these areas, and with the support of industry-leading teams, there’s no better place to gain this experience.
You can expect a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day. As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in complex compliance projects for our clients. This will be balanced with research, planning, and meetings with senior colleagues. EY focuses on a variety of industries, including but not limited to: automotive and transportation, consumer products, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, real estate, mining and metals, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology clients. Additionally, we have built a position and focus on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling and supporting a wide variety of tax compliance processes
- Working with audit teams to determine whether tax accounts are appropriate for financial statements
- Researching tax code and writing memos for clients
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Preparing practical recommendations to some of our clients’ most complex tax issues
- Coach and develop our junior teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting; graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred; and approximately three years of related work experience.
- Active progress towards the US CPA certification or membership in the Bar
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Expertise in time management, and the ability to adapt to change under pressure
- A highly collaborative approach to work, and the personal integrity to support not only your team’s interests, but colleagues across a global business
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and data mining tools
To qualify for the Law Path you must have
- An undergraduate degree in accounting and JD, or a JD and LLM in Taxation
- Membership or anticipated membership in a U.S. state bar or CPA
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- For the Law Path, experience within a tax law clinic or tax law journal preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.