Associate / Consultant, Business Incentives Advisory (Tax)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our Business Incentives Advisory team, you will work with multinational and local companies, assisting them to understand how fiscal business incentives interact with economic/industrial development strategies in Singapore and the region and translate this understanding to how we assist clients in their incentive discussion and compliance. As incentives significantly impact the overall tax position, government engagement and business decisions of our clients, you’ll have the opportunity to work very closely with the various service lines within EY, our clients’ business functions and interact with Singapore and overseas government authorities.
You will have the opportunity to assist clients on R&D, tax and other business incentives claims. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose. Not to mention access to the opportunity to be exposed and keep up to date to the novel business model, cutting-edge technology trends and developments.
Your key responsibilities
Drawing on your technical knowledge gained from your education or experience in industry, you will advise and support our clients in accessing the R&D tax incentive, government incentives and other innovation/growth incentives.
You will engage with market leading, technology-active companies to understand their development objectives and drivers, analysing complex project information to assess eligibility for the R&D tax incentive and other government incentives.
Working in high performing teams, you will prepare detailed work papers, management presentation and reports to help deliver exceptional results to EY’s clients, in addition to one or more of the following:
- Assist in the evaluation of possible incentive opportunities; provide ideas to avail of incentive opportunities and involvement in the incentive discussions with the relevant authorities
- Prepare R&D tax incentive claims across a diverse range of companies and industries
- Tax and business financials modelling
- Coordinate and participate in regional incentive advisory projects
- Assist in project development including client pursuit initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
- Genuine interest in business, innovation and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, relationship building and articulating complex information to a range of stakeholders will be key
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information
- Problem solving and numerical skills
- Business acumen and commercial awareness to participate in business development including client pursuit initiatives
- Proven ability to work well in high performing team environments
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree in Accounting / Business / Economics / Engineering / Information Technology / other business-related fields
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to converse in Mandarin
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Whilst forming part of a dedicated team, you can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about innovation, R&D and new technology and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.