Manager/Senior Manager, Economic Advisory, Strategy and Transactions
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Businesses and governments operate in an increasingly uncertain and rapidly changing environment:
- Technological disruption and innovation are transforming supply chains and driving productivity changes
- Trade relationships between nations are being reconsidered
Changing economic policies and regulation are reshaping the business landscape. As such, businesses and governments find themselves under increased scrutiny and growing pressure to make decisions based on robust evidence and credible economic approaches.
Relying on the fundamental principles of economics, the Decision Modelling & Economics team, which is part of the broader Valuation, Modeling & Economics business unit, uses economic modelling analysis to address the client needs across sectors in the areas of policy, regulation and commercial decision-making.
In addition to give you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment, EY offers you a unique chance to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
At EY, we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for managing a new and rapidly growing team of economists, capitalizing on changing trends in the Southeast Asia region. One of your key responsibilities will be to expand and strengthen existing client relationships by participating in internal and external business development activities under the guidance of the practice leader.
- In addition, you will be responsible for successfully deliver client engagements on time and on budget. During client engagements, you will also support and guide your engagement team in analyzing economic and financial data, market trends, and industry reports to help design, develop, and construct economic models.
Skills and attributes for success
As an Associate Director and successful team leader at EY, your professional skills and attributes for this role include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate ability in developing new client relationships
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
- Strong interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through advanced coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members along with people management skills
- Demonstrate ability in identifying issues and proposing solutions
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Enjoy strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills along with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong professionalism and high work ethic
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in leading client engagements in one or several of the following areas: economic impact assessment, macroeconomic analysis or forecasting, public finance management, economic policy development and infrastructure
- Prior experience in economic consulting, economic research or government with proven experience of delivering high-quality strategic engagements across multiple industries
- Sound technical experience in economic modelling and statistical analysis, such as Input-Output model, econometrics, Computable General Equilibrium models
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience in working with Stata, R, EViews, PowerBI, Tableau, or ThinkCell
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Southeast Asia region
- Master’s degree (or PhD) in economics or public policy, mathematics, statistics or related fields
- 9 - 12 years of experience in a similar industry/role
Ideally, you also have
- CPA or CFA
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for economics and public policies and who have a very strong attention to details.
What we offer
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.