Transaction Services Manager
Overall job purpose
RSM is the UK’s 7th largest firm of accountants and business advisors, with over 3,800 employees across more than 35 offices and a fee income of over £310m.
RSM’s International network is one of the fastest growing networks of audit, tax and consulting firms in the world and is currently ranked 6th internationally.
Our Transaction Services team is an award-winning team and highly regarded in the marketplace. The team specialises in financial due diligence, advising clients on business acquisitions and investments. Deal values are typically in the £5m to £100m range.
This role provides an opportunity for you to join the fast-moving world of Corporate Finance and Transaction Services. Working alongside a team of other professionals you will play an integral role in the delivery of financial due diligence projects.
You will work for a variety of clients from a broad range of industries and sectors including private equity, entrepreneurs, large corporates and banks looking to acquire, invest in or fund a variety of businesses. You will see what makes a business successful, and attractive to acquirers / investors and learn about possible funding options for companies looking to grow.
You will be involved in regional and national marketing activities in order to raise the profile of our team in the market and assist with deal origination.
We are looking for candidates with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are prepared to work hard and take on high levels of responsibility when necessary.
- Support the Partner / Director who is leading on the financial due diligence engagement, manage the assignment day to day, including:
- Completion of client acceptance procedures
- Preparation of team briefing documents and meeting agendas
- Detailed financial analysis and interpretation of outputs in order to assist with the identification of commercial and key deal issues
- Effective report writing, to deliver relevant commercial advice to our clients
- Liaising with other internal service lines (e.g. tax)
- Liaising with clients, target management and other advisors
- Supporting the Partner / Director team in new business generation, including relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations / proposals for new business
- Play a key role in practice development including developing, coaching and managing associates and executives, evaluating and appraising performance and diving a culture of coaching
Requirements for the role
- ACA or ACCA with first time passes (exceptional candidates against other measures below who have one exam fail may be considered)
- At least two years post qualification experience (in practice rather than industry)
- Experience of Transaction Services / Due Diligence
- Demonstrate experience of project managing a number of engagements at the same time and managing a team of staff
- Technically strong with a good understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Self starter with energy to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a creative and critical thinker
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.