Manager - Financial Reporting Group - Financial Services Assurance - Insurance
The Financial Reporting Group operates within our Assurance Service Line. Its key role is to provide our audit engagement teams with support and advice on technical accounting and other financial reporting requirements. Enabling them to deliver high quality services to their clients and to manage the risks involved in providing those services. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, coupled with the pace of change in financial reporting requirements, the Financial Services Financial Reporting Group (“FRG”) team are at the leading edge of helping our clients and teams manage these changes. You will address complex and demanding challenges and provide seamless service on a global basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist FS FRG team. The role includes leadership of the provision of technical accounting support to the Insurance sector, including delivery of meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters relevant to that sector. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their technical accounting skills and knowledge, working within a collaborative team of fellow technical accounting professionals.
You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Applying deep technical accounting and disclosure experience, plus sector knowledge you will perform pre-issuance reviews of the financial statements of our listed and public interest audit clients, which include some of the largest companies in the sector. The objective being to ensure any significant and unusual accounting or financial reporting matters have been accounted for and disclosed appropriately in the financial statements.
You will be a key contact for the provision of advice and support on accounting technical matters under IFRS & UK GAAP to teams within the Insurance sector.
You will be involved in the development of thought leadership, such as our International GAAP publication. You will also participate in the firm’s EMEIA and Global technical accounting subject matter groups.
You will help develop and deliver high quality technical training for our people in the Insurance audit practice, as well as coaching and developing teams in technical accounting matters on a day to day basis.
Skills and attributes for success
- 6-8 years of experience in UK GAAP and IFRS
- Good knowledge of the Insurance industry and of IFRS 17
- Execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service providing support to the assurance process with appropriate consideration of risk
- Ability to identity the key areas of financial reporting risk within a clients' business and apply focus to appropriate areas.
- Utilise existing knowledge and experience, but continuously striving to widen expertise in financial reporting and related matters.
- Confidence to challenge audit team or client conclusions where appropriate, and ability to assist in bringing resolution to areas of disagreement.
- Be recognised as a respected advisor to audit partners (and teams), with your views actively sort out on a variety of matters.
- Be pro-active in identifying and driving forward initiatives which make a difference either internally and/or to our clients
- Adhere to and enforce the firm's risk management policies and quality agenda
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, UK regulations and UK company law gained within the Financial Services sector
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI or equivalent international qualification)
- Experience in auditing or advising on accounting for complex transactions applying proven industry knowledge
- Ability to articulate a technical argument, involving good judgement when identifying the key drivers
- Able to network effectively and build relationships with individuals and clients
What we look for
- We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about accounting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.