Lead Advisory, Senior Associate
Strategy and Transactions – Lead Advisory, Senior Associate
Our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
We are seeking to build on recent successes and continue to grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of an M&A professional in our Mid-Markets team at the experienced Senior Associate level.
Leveraging an extensive global network, our M&A team provides sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and we help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. As part of this team you may also advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
In our Lead Advisory (LA) team, you’ll develop your commercial capabilities working with our global networks and fast-moving, emerging clients. Our diverse client portfolio will build your capabilities in pitching, briefing, managing relationships and challenging assumptions.
Your key responsibilities
Our team advises clients on financial, procurement, strategic and public-private partnerships issues for large-scale infrastructure projects and programs. You will help provide support to our clients from the earliest stages of analysis project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. You will assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing; project revenues; and/or grants – and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree preferably majoring in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Law , Engineering or other financial related background
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in similar industry
- Knowledge of PPP/PFI, concessions and acquisition and project financing structures / contracts
- Project Financing knowledge, with understanding of project financial modelling and financing markets
- Project management skills
- Strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
- Sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM, ASIA, CPA, CA and CMA, considered an advantage.
- Understanding of economic or social infrastructure procurement and delivery
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
- A passion to provide high quality service to your clients
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.