Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Services Tax - Wealth and Asset Management
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services Tax Group focuses on corporate tax consulting and compliance services for clients in the financial services industry, which encompasses banking & capital markets, insurance and asset management. Our highly trained specialty team is equipped to provide solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
This is an opportunity to join the Financial Services Tax Group focused on the wealth and asset management sector.
Join a global network that understands what wealth and asset management businesses need to be able to offer diverse investment products to their clients. Our market-leading approach combines a deep understanding of such businesses with our knowledge of local and international tax laws and tax policies, to create bespoke solutions. In Singapore, you have the opportunity to provide our clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that enables them to set up businesses and investment structures in the Asia-Pacific region with our support in the areas of direct and indirect tax advice, tax compliance, tax incentives and controversy management.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our Financial Services tax team in Singapore, we’ll look to you for delivering value to our clients by developing innovative and integrated solutions to meet their growing needs. Providing a full range of services to clients including tax strategy and tax planning solutions and ideas as well as compliance services. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strong understanding of Singapore’s tax policies in relation to the wealth and asset management space
- Implementation of multi-country fund and fund management structures, for investments in the Asia-Pacific region
- A good understanding of transfer pricing and indirect tax aspects, as well as legal and regulatory aspects relevant to wealth and asset management businesses in Singapore Team with tax professionals in other geographies and sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services
- Manage and coordinate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in finance or accounting; a CPA or other professional accounting qualification
- At least 6 years (for Manager) or 10 years (for Senior Manager) of relevant business tax experience
- A good understanding of business and tax technical issues, and the ability to transform these into value-added solutions for clients
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in an international or large public accounting firm or financial institution
- Relevant working experience gained from a wealth and asset management business
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.