Manager, Operating Model Effectiveness (OME), APTC
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center (“APTC”) operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region.
EY’s multidisciplinary Asia-Pacific Operating Model Effectiveness (OME) practice is a regional Centre of Excellence working with clients who are transforming their operating models for growth and/or margin improvement with sustainable after-tax results. The critical success factor is an integrated approach to all aspects across people and organization, business processes, systems, tax and legal matters to ensure that benefits are delivered on time, as well as in a legally compliant and sustainable manner. The practice works across borders and has professionals stationed in different locations in Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Manager in our practice you will help develop solutions and proposals for a wide array of multinational clients in different industries. You will be part of multi-disciplinary delivery teams, contributing to a specific work area, for example organization design or corporate income tax, and coordinating with colleagues and client teams in different countries.
- Based in Singapore, you will often travel to other locations in Asia for client meetings, as well as internal training and development sessions.
- As all team members are often traveling, you need to be a self-starter and able to drive your tasks and delivery forward independently.
- Your technical expertise is not just a deep understanding based on your specific education and work experience but also in understanding how the different aspects link together and you are able to explain to clients what trade-offs to make in order to get the best overall outcomes. This means that you enjoy and keep up with constantly learning about the different aspects of operating businesses successfully in Asia.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical, management and leadership skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Good advisory and writing skills
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable with working across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Numerate and detail oriented and working with large amount of data
- Ability to understand processes and technology
- Experience working with or advising startups/scaleup/TMT companies
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in relevant field
- At least 4-5 years of experience in supply chain, operational finance, in-house tax or in a consulting environment
- Basic project management knowledge and experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.