Director, Forensic Services - Manchester
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Our Forensics team in Manchester is growing. We are looking for an ambitious Director to join a well-established team.
- To focus and grow profitable revenue for the Division from both existing contacts and new introducers.
- To focus on the development of the technical capability of the Team to meet client needs, support business development activities and to contribute to sales and profit growth.
- Deliver on the agreed business plan, setting out clear objectives and targets to ensure the team is effectively utilised and the strategy is delivered.
- Develop and strengthen both internal and external client relationships to maximise revenue and margins as well as managing costs responsibly.
- A senior forensic accountant with significant experience of managing multiple complex expert witness projects.
- Has in-depth knowledge of the sector – proactively strengthening knowledge in new trends and risks.
- Proven record of growing, leading and motivating a team to deliver forensic and investigative services.
- Proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships at a senior level.
- Track record of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Embrace service excellence and apply this consistently to your role.
- Experience of leading people development, supporting the skills and knowledge progression of junior members of the team through coaching, supervision and feedback.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with an expertise in forensic accounting.
- Expertise in managing complex financial assignments involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Experience of quantification of loss in large commercial claims.
- Experience of business valuations.
Why choose Crowe?
- Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
- Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
- We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
- At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
- Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
- Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
- We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.