Tax Services Senior Manager - TPMO - Senior Manager - EDGE
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Services Senior Manager - TPMO - Senior Manager - Edge - Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Nashville, TN; Chicago, IL
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our FSO Tax Technology and Transformation practice will give you the opportunity to further develop your skills while assisting our financial services clients in dealing with the operational challenges that their world class tax functions are facing today. We offer a broad array of services, including tax accounting and compliance process improvement, tax sensitization of ERP systems, automation of complex hedge fund allocations, and enhancement of tax processes and/or technology to deal with ongoing legislative and regulatory changes. You will be working with clients to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of their tax functions and assists them to better connect with executive management.
Your Key Responsibilities
Depending on the needs of our clients and your work experience, there are many different types of projects you could be working on; identifying ways to improve operational effectiveness in tax functions, reviewing the process and controls that are in place including technology, looking at effectiveness of the various technology systems our tax clients use to increase automation and data quality throughout tax processes, assessing the overall risk to establish a proper control environment; designing and building custom tax applications. As a senior manager, you would be working with leadership to run these exciting and impactful projects.
In this role, we will need you to have the ability to travel 30-80% of the time depending on home location and client projects.
Skills and attributes for Success
- Strong leadership ability, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Managing quality of deliverables from offshore teams (as needed) to deliver projects to time, cost and quality requirements
- Documenting technical and business requirements, including Identifying and prioritizing issues
- Have an interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions, the demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of relevant work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 6 - 7 years of relevant work experience
- Exposure to the financial services industry, accounting/finance/tax, tax or finance performance improvement, tax software development and/or implementation
- CPA, JD, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and/or Project Management Professional 'PMP'
Ideally you'll also have
- Knowledge in implementing tax technology solutions (e.g., CorpTax, ONESOURCE, Sabrix, Vertex, SharePoint, PFI, RPA software)
- Embedding tax requirements into financial/business systems and processes (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, PAM, Investran)
- Developing and implementing custom applications (e.g., Visual Studio, VBA/VSTO, SQL Server, MS PowerBI Suite)
What we look for
We are looking for individuals that are proactive and self-motivated who have a willingness to learn new skills and approaches to challenges that our clients are facing in today's climate. You will need to be an analytical thinker and problem solver who has the ability to come up with innovative solutions.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- The salary range for this position in Denver is $140,100 to $196,100
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.